Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog #2-Project Runway

For stem this past week, we have been making jewelry/accessories out of simple machines. I chose to make a headpiece out of a washing machine pulley belt, with gears, screws and feathers to make it more interesting. The usefulness of the simple machine is to help keep the washer put together. My inspiration was to do something different than the original earrings, necklace or bracelet, so I saw the belt and thought a headband would be neat, and that's what it came to. The overall experience was very fun, but the fashion show was definitely kind of embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. Haley your headband was very cute! and you definantley struted your stuff girl. I really liked your headband idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kenadie...your headband rocked! Nice job in your blog of explaining the potential usefulness of the simple machines in your accessory.

    ReplyDelete